Friday, January 20, 2012

Just say NO!!

The ankle is getting better, I managed to do a Pump class on Thursday, just had a bit of trouble with the lunges. I'll do another Pump class on Sunday then fingers crossed will be back to all classes by next week. I really feel guilty when I don't get to the gym. Although I often have to drag myself there, I do feel so much better when I go.
This morning I had a bit of a laze in bed. Dom got Charlie up and I watched some TV. Dom, totally innocent and trying to be nice got me breakfast in bed, but unfortunately his choices are not the best. He comes in and places the plate in front of me and it's grilled cheese on toast, white bread. Now really, I love that. It's simple, tasty and has absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever. Just empty carbs. But man, that grilled cheese smelled good. It sat there next to me while I finished watching my program, then I got up and took it back to the kitchen telling Dom "baby you know I can't eat this", and I put it in the bin and made myself a bowl of porridge with half a sliced banana.
Weight loss is all about choices and decisions. No one makes the decision to put the food into your mouth but you. No one makes the choice of what you eat but you. Just because food is there in front of you, you don't have to eat it. And you know what, I always feel so much better about myself when I say no and make good choices. It's not just that I didn't eat that certain food, but that I had the will power and resolve NOT to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment