Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's been on my mind for years, a tummy tuck

I lost the bulk of my weight in a year when I was about 17. I'm now 35 and have only ever gone up or down in weight by a few kilos over the years. I HATE my tummy. It's flabby and saggy and no matter how much I work out it never seems to change. I don't have huge amounts of excess skin, but there is some there. I've done heaps of reading on tummy tucks and I've toyed with the idea for a long long time.
I can not stand to look at my tummy in the mirror. In bathers, jeans, dresses, I always feel self concious. It sticks out and looks fat and yuck. I have few reservations about having the surgery. First is am I totally sure I don't want another baby? Dom and I are pretty settled with Charlie, we had always planned to have one and I'm pretty sure that is it for us, but I have to be 100%. Also there is the cost. It's going to set me back somewhere between $5000-$8000. That is a huge amount of money, every time I think of it, I start thinking of all the other things I could/should spend it on. There there is the recovery time. Two weeks totally out of action then another 2-4 to really be up and about like before. So many if's and what's. But it plays on my mind a lot. Just to get rid of that squishy loose skin on my tummy would be a dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment