Monday, February 6, 2012

It's a marathon, not a sprint

It's been a little while since I've posted, mostly because there is nothing much to update. Just plodding along. I must say, I find it very hard to be strict on my eating habits. I'm good most of the time, but can't seem to resist a few 'treats'. For example. When we went to Phillip Island for the weekend, I had fried rice with my dinner one night. I was good and resisted the pies for lunch and had a salad roll, but couldn't resist having a bit or two of pie. Then Sun night we had a friend over for dinner and I did a roast lamb with chocolate pudding for desert. Well I had to have some of that warm, gooey delicious pudding!! I did make a healthier version, with cocoa and not actual chocolate. But overall I'm doing quite well. Yesterday I was SO tired, too many late nights and a 4 year old that gets up every night for a wee at about 3am then up for the day at 6:30am. I got home from work and thought.. I just can't go to the gym tonight, I'm buggered!.. Then as soon as I'd finished dinner, it was 6:40 and I thought, NO! you will feel so much better if you get your butt to the gym, so I quickly got changed and raced to a combat class at 7:00 and sweated up a storm, and I did feel so much better for going and so glad I didn't just sit around doing nothing all night.
The moral of this post.. Just keep going, even when you think 'I'm not getting anywhere, why bother'. Well if you talk like that then no, you never will get anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment