The countdown is on, a holiday to the Gold Coast in Queensland is less than a month away. We are staying at what sounds like an amazing resort called Paradise Resort. This place is any kids heaven and any parents dream. We are staying in a room that has a sectioned off kids room with bunk beds, PlayStation, DVD player in it and it's underwater themed, so the walls are pained with sea animals etc. Charlie will think that is just awesome and I love that he will be in his own little 'room' so we can watch DVDs at night and not disturb him. The amenities of the resort sound amazing. They have just completed a million dollar water park within the resort. 3 stories of platforms, water guns, 3 water slides, huge buckets that dump water all built in a shallow soft bottom pool, so really like a huge multi level playground in water. They also have a huge adventure playground build on sand. And the kids club!! the best bit. Included in our accommodation is a 4 hour session of kids club every day where the kids do fun activities like pyjama parties, cupcake decorating, treasure hunts, and heaps more. It's all set in an amazing underground maze of rooms that include Space Room with planets, asteroids and alien space creatures.Underwater World with submarine slide, hidden grotto's and caves, there is even a pirate ship! Leonardo's Painting Room. Egyptian Room where they hold dance parties, movie nights and games. Tiny Town, with pedal car race track and miniature town. Magic Garden with giant frogs, butterflies and hot air balloons, ball pit, dress ups. Sounds amazing huh! Charlie will just love it, he is very social and will love mixing with all the kids and doing fun kids stuff for a few hours. And I will love to have some time to myself to relax and read a book or have a nap, shop, swim at the beach. CAN NOT WAIT!!
So anyway, how have I been doing lately? Pretty good, been getting to the gym 4 times a week. Still can't seem to get the healthy eating down pat. It was so much easier before partner and kid. I used to come home from work, go to the gym and eat a wholemeal wrap with salad and grilled chicken. Now that I have to feed a 4 year old (who does not like anything that looks like a vegetable) and a guy who can be fussy and likes all things unhealthy, it makes meal times a chore and I can't be bothered cooking myself separate meals. Last night was Charlie's favourite, Taco night. I try to stick mostly to lettuce, tomato, cucumber and low fat cheese, but there is still the yummy crunchy taco with some sour cream to go with it, oh and the taco meat of course. Anyway, I know it's no excuse, and I could just cook myself separate meals, but you know what, I like to sit down as a family and get messy as we all make Taco's together. So I keep to my motto of it's a marathon, not a sprint.
No comments:
Post a Comment